Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Social media

I am done! 
Okay,  truth is I want to be done but I am to far away from my old world to be done. 
Let me explain,  or try to at least. 
Mr R and I have totally normal families,  if crazy off the wall is the new normal. 

I just started to get a little comfortable with Mr R's little brothers new girlfriend. And by comfortable,  I mean I actually accepted her friend request on Facebook and Pintrest.  Next thing I know, little brother is sending out a mass email to friends and family letting them know their romantic (comedy) is finally over and he understands if we still want to be friends with her, but just to let everyone know that she is a lying dirty no good such and such....you get the point. Truth is, I couldn't care less.  I have nothing in common with either of them.

My family is no better.  Mr R and myself have been sending requests to my brother for years now. I seem to be ignored quite easily though as I see he has added my ex husband to his growing list of super studs. Maybe this was just to get me back for befriending his ex wife so I could see photos of my nephew's 2000 miles away. But this got me nowhere because I was trying to be nice and I added his new wife as a friend this last summer and in doing so I made the ex wife mad and she Un - friended me. So now I have resorted to being friends with my brothers ex sister in law who only remembered me briefly at the wedding because she is 16 years younger than me, and she only sees our nephew's once or twice a year.  For crying out loud,  if my mother would just learn to use a camera as easily as she finds the send game request button for every silly fantasy game she plays there.

Don't get me started though,  mom's on Facebook,  that's a dangerous situation too. Things that should never be said in public seem to find an open forum and I shamefully admit, I have done it. Lucky for baby R by the time he knows what is being said and shared all over Facebook, every other child his age will have equally demeaning posts about them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment